Salary: £25,000 PA
This is an exciting opportunity for a digital professional who wants to work for a political campaigning pressure group. The European Movement UK is a grass-roots, independent, pro-European organisation, working to give a voice to those who believe that Britain’s future lies side by side with our European partners.
European Movement UK’s digital channels have a large international audience of over 50,000 people. The Digital Officer will manage and have responsibility for all European Movement’s digital channels including websites, email and social media.
The duties of Digital Officer will include:
· Taking a lead role in maintenance, development, and content management of the WordPress site
· Managing newsletters and email system, and all social media accounts across multiple platforms
· Engaging in monitoring and evaluation of organisational communications, and analysing web and social media statistics
· Providing digital support to campaign and membership staff in order to increase organisational efficiency
· Developing new digital products for European Movement website such as petitions, maps, and web-based email forms
· Strong knowledge of WordPress and experience with WordPress content management
· Experience of managing social media accounts for a charity or campaigning organisation
· Understanding of basic monitoring and evaluation principles for the web and online communications
· Strong understanding of the UK political scene, the EU referendum, and debate regarding Britain’s EU membership
· Strong identification with European Movement’s mission
· Proficiency in HTML, CSS, and other coding languages, and experience of web design and development
· Experience administering websites, domains, and email addresses via web hosts and domain registrars
· Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop) or similar open-source design software
· Experience using campaigning apps or software (such as BSD Tools, Engaging Networks, Nationbuilder, Mailchimp, etc)
Please be aware that this is a 6 month contract which may be extended subject to funding.
Closing Date: 19 September 2016
Interviews to be held in the week beginning 19th September and start date as soon as possible. Please be aware that we may appoint prior to the closing date.
Please apply by submitting your CV (no more than 2 pages) and a cover letter (no more than 1 page) outlining your knowledge, skills and experience which make you suitable for the position. Please also include any links to websites or other relevant material that you have been instrumental in producing. Applications to be sent to Matthew.Fulton@euromove.org.uk.