Title: Fundraising Manager
Location: Central London
Hours: 35 hours per week
Duration: 1 year fixed term
Responsible to: Campaign Director
European Movement UK is Britain’s leading pro-European grassroots campaigning organisation. It is also the oldest having been formed after the Second World War to foster positive relationships within Europe. We are the UK member organisation of European Movement International.
Unlike other groups, EM takes the view that leaving the European Union is a mistake for Britain and that our course needs to reverse.
The organisation is expanding its staff and ambition to provide a voice to the millions of people who feel ignored in the rush to drag Britain out of the EU at all costs. Based at our office in central London we work closely with our nationwide branch network and affiliated groups to influence the debate over Britain’s future relationship with the European Union and present a positive case for continued membership.
Purpose of the role
To build up European Movement’s fundraising capacity to support our nationwide campaign network. The post holder will play a central role in shaping EM’s ability to campaign across the UK to by generating funds from both large and small donors. The post holder will proactively seek out funding opportunities and design a fundraising plan to underpin the organisation’s financial future.
• Design and manage EM’s fundraising strategy
• Work closely with EM branches and affiliates to enhance their fundraising skills and reach
• Design processes to raise funds from existing members and supporters
• Manage crowdfunding campaign to generate funds
• Manage a training and support programme to enable volunteers to fundraise effectively
• Build up a network of major donors to fund key campaigning priorities
• Work with affiliates and other pro-European organisations to promote a positive message about Europe
• Experience of designing and implementing a fundraising strategy for an organisation
• Understanding of the UK political environment and how it has been affected by the EU referendum
• Experience of working with a major campaign organisation to promote message and campaign priorities
• Knowledge of building a major donors network
• Experience of using crowdfunding and generating small donations from large numbers of supporters
• Experience of working with volunteers and designing and delivering training
• Commitment to the aims and objectives of the European Movement
• Ability to travel nationwide to support EM branches and volunteers