The European Movement UK is a grass-roots, independent, pro-European organisation, working to give a voice to those who believe that Britain’s future lies side by side with our European partners. The European Movement UK is a member of the European Movement International which links an international pro-European network, active in more than 40 countries.
For nearly 70 years, The European Movement has led the campaign for a dynamic, popular, integrated and efficient Europe that can deliver jobs, security, prosperity and justice. We have always recognised that European integration is a process not an edifice set in stone and that the UK should play an imaginative and constructive role in making it work more effectively and efficiently for all our citizens.
Since the referendum in June 2016, we have been campaigning to ensure that Britain’s role in Europe is beneficial to the country and secures prosperity for many generations going forward. To this end, we are campaiging along our four ‘red line’ issues, which are:
- To remain in the single market
- To maintain freedom of movement
- To keep our environmental protections
- To keep workers’ rights and equality rules
The European Movement is a not-for-profit, independent, all party (and none) people’s organisation.
- information for schools and universities
- Citizen of Europe
- briefings for journalists, to correct mistakes and counter anti-European bias
- we challenge Britain’s political leaders to put the pro-European case
- information for companies about the benefits and opportunities of Europe
- European Movement groups are active throughout the UK
- and events for members for debate and discussion
- the latest thinking and argument about Europe, in print and online